"He took her by the hand and said to her, 'Talitha Koum,' which means, 'Little girl, arise.'"

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let's Skip the "I'll Do Better Next Year's"

While in Swaziland, I was asked to do a teaching for a community leadership program* on the challenge of "Re-Entry."  Re-entry is the idea of heading back into the "real world" after considerable time away in a group or community living atmosphere.  After 8 years with Teen Challenge, yeah, I guess I have a lot to say about re-entry, but I had never really compiled these thoughts on paper before.  The more I have looked them over, the more I've realized these are principles not only for success after rehab or discipleship programs, but for the daily grind that each of us face from day to day.  

So, over the next two weeks, I'll be posting these re-entry notes as daily principles for success in 2012 (and beyond).  Unfortunately, as usual, "it only works if you do it."  Whatever your goals or desires for 2012, I hope these are both inspirational and challenging truths for you in the first few weeks of this new year.  

Here's to not reaching February already moaning, "Oh well, I guess I'll do better next year."

You CAN make it to February.

Just start with today.


"Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
CONTINUE to LIVE in Him."

- Colossians 2:6


*Global Leadership Academy is the internship extension of Children's Cup in Swaziland, southern Africa.  To find out more, visit www.childrenscup.org.  

No comments:

Post a Comment